Sun, Feb 27|
Ernest E. Debs Regional Park
OBEDIENCE & DOG PSYCHOLOGY CLASS FOR PUPS & YOUNG DOGS
This 5 week group class is for pups 3 months to I year old. Dogs must be friendly. Special dog age exceptions apply with permission from Francesca. Class schedule: 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20,3/27
Time & Location
Feb 27, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Ernest E. Debs Regional Park, 4235 Monterey Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
About the Event
I have developed a group training class using the energy of the pack to teach our dogs to be well mannered and under our control at all times so that we can take them everywhere.
Whether you are just looking for an opportunity to improve your relations and control of your dog, raise a well balanced dog or prepare your dog for therapy work, you and your dog will be transformed by this class. This course combines the spirit of dog psychology and the power of the PACK. Dogs need to belong to a pack and need a pack leader. You will be amazed how quickly your dogs will learn from this approach when we harness the energy of pack leadership and other dogs in the pack clinic. The best is food is not required! We can do most of this without ever talking to the dog, through our energy, intention and body language.
This is NOT for doggies with aggressive OR difficult behavior. I offer private sessions to address aggression to enable you and your dog to participate in group classes. Dogs must be at least 3 months old, in good health and fine with dogs and people.
What we will cover: Getting your dog's attention "Focus", Calmness in Public, Loose Leash, Recall, Greeting Strangers.
What is required from you: Have an open mind, be willing to put in the work and have fun. Family members are welcome as long as their is one primary handler that is commited to coming to all the classes. Children must be under your control. Children under 9 are not allowed.
Rules Of Engagement:
- Show up at least 15 minutes early to get acclimated and find our location.
- If you are late, it poses a disruption to the pack. Do your best to be on time.
- Be responsible and keep a healthy distance from other dogs and people.
- One dog per handler. You may bring a partner and/or children over 12 under your control.
- You and your dog must be in good health and able to walk on uneven terrain and do a moderate hike.
- **Please wear athletic shoes or hiking shoes as we will be walking on uneven ground.
- Bring water for you and your dog in a backpack. No handbags. You need to be hands free!
- No retractable leashes or harnesses allowed. Slip lead, pinch, martingale, halti, gentle leader allowed.
- Recommend Mendota 3/8ths 6 foot slip leash or halti. You can order online.
FOR PUPS AND YOUNG DOGS